Re: Momentum Demo

I like a PRISMS activity ( http://www.prisms.uni.edu/ ) called a "Three
Stage Human Rocket". I put 3 skate boards at one end of the hall and
tell the students that as a class they must get at least one student to
the other end of the hall (about 40 meters) without pushing off the wall
or the floor in ANY way - this includes pushing off another person
standing on the floor, turning the skateboards sideways to use friction,
using a repeating push pull technique to make use of the little friction
that the skateboard wheels have.

Subject: Momentum Demo

I need some suggestions for a demo for my high school physical science
class on momentum.

--
Arlyn DeBruyckere
Hutchinson High School