Re: "acceleration due to gravity"

I"ll just comment briefly, Leigh's elegant post, rather neatly summarizes
several rounds of lengthy discussions on this list. I'm in Leigh's camp,
BTW; and I've felt that each time we've gone through the discussion, we have
sharpened and improved both our statements of what we mean by weight, and
our understanding of the issues involved.

I hope I'm not starting a new reincarnation of the thread.

Joel Rauber

I don't think reincarnations of the thread are bad (despite the
availability of archives) if we really are sharpening and improving our
statements and definitions and understanding each time through.

Sometimes it helps to come back to a previous discussion after time has
elapsed.

Larry