Thanks, and a free E&M textbook

First, thanks to John Denker, Steve Wonnel, and Joseph Bellina for
their help in finding suppliers of residential water source heat
pumps. It seems my problem has always been that I have been calling
them "heat pumps", a term not used in the industry! Thus my searches
on the web have missed the good sites.

A fellow Emeritus of mine at Simon Fraser University, John Cochran,
has generously made an E&M textbook available on the web in pdf
format. It is different, but very well done, by an electromagnetic
guru. The book includes many worked problems. It may be faulted for
nonadherence to SI conventions, but that is a small quibble (or
quirk) of no real physical substance.

If the idea of such a textbook appeals to you please take a look at
http://www.sfu.ca/physics/people/faculty/cochran/outline.html. If
you like it, let the group know, with a copy to cochran@sfu.ca.

Leigh