Re: Global Energy etc.

Regarding Leigh's encouraging suggestion:

That, David Bowman, is a very clever idea which should be applicable
to other astrodynamic applications (since I don't expect this one
will ever get off the ground). You now have one year to patent it.
... Solar sailing can provide both radial and tangential
forces so long as the craft remains on the sunward side of L1. The
structure could consist of many long vanes, like a Venetian blind,
and the albedo could be varied between zero and one by turning them.
lateral forces could be regulated by the fraction that are cocked
one way, with arrays of vanes oriented in both nonradial directions.
Hey, you want to join me in a patent application?

OK. Maybe we could get Jack U. to handle the paperwork of a modest piece
of the action.

David Bowman
David_Bowman@georgetowncollege.edu