Re: Pumped storage etc.

(They are unaware of many others,
like slowly
replacing incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.)

Laurent Hodges, Professor of Physics
12 Physics Hall, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011-3160
lhodges@iastate.edu http://www.public.iastate.edu/~lhodges

I wish the other members of my family were similarly unaware of the replaced
incandescent bulbs. The one's I buy usually aren't compact enough to be
visually unidentifiable and the fraction of a second lag between flipping
the switch and turn-on is usually noticable; and often I didn't precede this
with lowering the wattage of incandescent bulb used, which meant that the
flourescent was noticably dimmer as well.

Perhaps I'm not as skilled in skullduggery as Laurent :-))

Joel rauber