domestic heat pumps

I was intending to write Laurent Hodges directly since he obviously
keeps a watch on such things, but someone else on the list may be
able to help me out. I live in a moderate to cool climate here in
Burnaby, near Vancouver, British Columbia. My house is heated by
an oil-fired circulating hot water system. I live on a lakeshore,
and it has long been my desire to change over to a water source
heat pump fueled by our cheap, abundant electrical energy. In the
twenty-one years we've lived here I have never been able to find a
suitable, affordable commercial installation that meets my
specifications. Since both the source temperature (4 degrees C)
and the outlet temperature (~50 degrees C) are fixed, it should be
possible to engineer a very efficient device for this purpose. Is
there some unit (residential or marine) that anyone knows of that
might meet my needs?

Leigh