Re: AC electricity

Since the charge carriers are driven by the local E field, positive
carriers will go in E's direction and negative carriers will go in the
opposite direction. Both constitute a current in E's direction.

Now if you added some non-electrical, selective force . . . hmmm.

In a hall effect device, a magnetic force contributes to a perpendicular
current!
In a generator armature, a magnetic force contributes to a forward
current.

In a transistor, a diffusion current flows against the field (across a
reverse-biased junction) from the base to the collector.

All emf's which are supporting a current are using some non-electric
effect to move carriers against the local electric field inside the emf. .
. but this is not what you ask for - there is no simultaneous current in
the direction of the E field here.

Bob

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)