Re: Principia

I noticed on a copy of the title page of P.M. that there were two
versions of the letter "s", one that looked like an integral sign,
one that is like our current lower-case s. As far as I could tell,
the lower case veraion was used for an "s" appearing at the end of a
sentence, and the integral-sign form for s interior to a word. Was
this the rule at Newton's time? And what would appear for an "s" at
the start of a word, either capitalized or not?
--
Dr. Vern Lindberg 716-475-2546
Department of Physics Fax 475-5766