From: Tim O'Donnell <odonnt@CELINA.K12.OH.US>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: 2001 January 17 7:20 PM
Subject: AC electricity

I know that AC delivers energy - that is obvious.
But I still have trouble understanding how this is possible
since half the time the potential is positve and the other
have it is negative. It seems they should cancel out.
I know and can do the rms (root mean squared - although
shouldn't it be squared mean root) for figuring out various
quantities, but I still don't think I have a basic
understanding on "how" it really works.