Re: equal gravity

"Dwight K. Souder" wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I've lost the name and formula for a
concept dealing with gravity. The formula I'm looking for is how to find the
location between two masses at a fixed position where the gravity is equal. At
this location, since the pull of gravity are equal between the two masses, a third
"massless" object would experience "weightlessness".
The other thing I'm looking for is an article related to the above concept.
Someone had determined how they could "ride" this ridge of equal gravity from one
location to another. The analogy they gave was a spaceman, who had just enough
fuel for re-entry and minor course adjustments, could follow this path all the way
back home. It's similar to the "sling-shot" method they use to put probes into
space. I'm trying to find the article again and the author.
If anyone has any info, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your help!

The third "object" does not gave to me "massless". An "object without
mass", would have no weight everywhere.

How does an object of mass m move in the region in which the net
force is zero? It does not accelerate. (a=F/m=0, m>0)

And what should happen to a neutrino (if m=0) when F=0? The formula
a=F/m can not be used (division by zero is not allowed) but, in my
opinion, a=0 would be correct for this pathological case.
Ludwik Kowalski