Re: Color names, color discrimination

Further etymology: cyanosis -- blue appearance from insufficient oxygenation of
the blood.

bc

David Bowman wrote:

Thanks Rick, for straightening me out on this. :)

While David's note is clearly tongue in cheek, CYAN is defined in RGB color
systems as equal mixes of green and blue each at the same intensity.

FWIW

BTW, (besides commuting the "e" & "i" in the word "foreign") it seems I
left out a Greek letter in the parentheses below. I wrote:

.... I thought I would mention that
according to the etymology listed in my dictionary for the entry on
"cyan", it seems that the word comes from the Greek "kyanos"
(kappa|upsilon|nu|omicron|sigma) whose meaning is/was 'dark blue'.
^
The spelled out spelling needs a missing alpha, vis,
(kappa|upsilon|alpha|nu|omicron|sigma).
^^^^^
David Bowman
David_Bowman@georgetowncollege.edu