Re: What to "cover"

Hugh,
I like the European model to some degree, however it would just not
have to be physics teachers that would have to change. Certainly
all the other sciences would have to change. Then all the math.
Then English. Then etc. We would have to revamp the whole school
curriculum which is probably not a bad idea, but what enormous
effort and commitment and yes money would it take? We are
presently based on an industrial model on an agrarian calendar.
And unfortunately to a majority of society, we are nothing more than
glorified baby sitters. Unless something devastating takes place
(and I really don't want that), I believe life will pretty much go on as
it is, with a tweak here and a tweak there, but no real underlying
changes. At least until I can retire ( Jan 2006).

Tim O'Donnell
Instructor of Physics and Chemistry
Celina High School
715 East Wayne Street
Celina, Ohio 45822
(419) 586-8300 Ext 1200 or 1201
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us

"Chance only favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur