Re: New astronomy class?

Leigh Palmer wrote:
Big snip

The
reason an enthusiast is needed is that in this scientific field,
more than even in biology and medicine, new developments are seen
in the news every week, and a teacher must be able to answer the
students' questions with some knowledge to make the course truly
represent the state of this rapidly evolving body of knowledge.

Leigh

* Of course for a minority of schools located in rural areas there
is a much better adjunct - the dark sky itself!

Leigh's post reminds me of a great resource I forgot to mention - Sky &
Telescope magazine and website. http://www.skypub.com/

--
Arlyn DeBruyckere
Hutchinson High School