Re: UV protection needed for glass eyeglass lenses?

I recommend plastic lenses for Jane's needs. I am 65 and my relaxed
near/far point seems to be about 40 cm, just right for computer use
without lenses. I have trifocals which also work. They correct my
astigmatism, but I would rather deal with astigmatism than glasses
while at a computer. Plastic lenses in a lightweight frame are the
most tolerable alternative. I also recommend hydrophobic
antireflection coatings. I wash mine with liquid dish soap or hand
soap under warm running water. A final rinse in a smoothly flowing
stream leaves the lenses both clean and perfectly dry. I touch off
the remaining water on the rims with a cloth towel and the glasses
stay clean for a very long time. Be sure to specify that the coating
must be hydrophobic if you wish to keep them clean this way.

Leigh