Re: UV protection needed for glass eyeglass lenses?

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Jane Jackson wrote:

2) The optician recommended an anti-glare coating too. I can see the value
of that for driving, but how about at the computer? What's your experience
and insight? (When I look at my computer through my uncoated glass lens
reading glasses, I don't notice any glare. At $40 for the coating, this
question is of significant financial interest.)

I got this coating on my last pair....what a waste. The coating
quickly developed very fine scratches from cleaning the lenses. I ended
up paying $20 to have the coating and the scratched removed. The
reduction in glare was not worth the expense.

Mike Monce
Connecticut College