Subject: Radiation Dosimetry measurement
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 17:13:04 +0000
From: Bassam Shakhreet <bshakhreet@HOTMAIL.COM>

Dear all

My subject is in the field of mass energy absorption coefficient measurement
of selected Biological Equivalent Materials.
I will measure this coefficient for two shapes: one is Sphere (diameter is
30 cm) and the other is Cylinder (diameter is 25 cm and high is 14 cm). Both
shaps is made from different materials. I will take readings with variable
thicknesses and distances between detector and source where I put Aluminum
filter in front of detector. I faced many problems and questions, These
questions are:

1) Is the size (diameter & dimensions) of Sphere or cylinder affects with
the readings?
2) Is the size or the type of filter affects with the readings? What is the
main work of this filter?
3) Which is better, to make relation graph between (separation distance
between detector and source”d”) versus count rate or inverse square of that
distance versus count rate? Why?

Thank you very much for each person who will help me and I will appreciate
that for him.

Yours faithfully,
Bassam Shakhreet

http://profiles.msn.com.