Re: Radiation Dosimetry measurement

Bassam Shakhreet wrote:

My subject is in the field of mass energy absorption coefficient
measurement of selected Biological Equivalent Materials.

I assume you are measuring doses in rads, I. To determine
the mu coefficient (cm/gram) I would make study the rate
at which I changes with the depth x. [I=Io*exp(-mu*x)]

I will measure this coefficient for two shapes: one is Sphere
(diameter is 30 cm) and the other is Cylinder (diameter is 25 cm
and high is 14 cm). Both shaps is made from different materials.

The coefficient does not depend on the shape, only on material.

I will take readings with variable
thicknesses and distances between detector and source

That seems to be correct. [I=Io*exp(-mu*x)]

where I put Aluminum filter in front of detector.

I suppose you are using Al filter to absorb very soft radiation
which is of no interest to you. In that case the Io should also be
measured with the same filter. There are many traps in such
measurements. One of them is to record scattered radiation.
Absolute measurements of mu are not trivial. I was involved
in doing this about 40 years ago.
Ludwik Kowalski