photoelectric effect (clarifications)

Title: Blank
Pardon a late entry to this thread, but I don't believe a very important source has been cited,  giving extensive (and authoritative) technical details of the pre/post Einstein histories of this subject.

I refer to Robert A. Millikan's volume which first appeared in 1917 under the title "The Electron".  Its latest (1947) revision "Electrons (+ and -) . . ." is a 643 page volume published by the U of Chicago Press.

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net
http://www.velocity.net/~trebor