Re: history of science - d'Abro

I have the Dover Edition. The name of the book is"The Evolution of
Scientific Thought - From Newton to Einstein"

About d'Abro I have this in my note book as - Phimsy, Physics
Today,Sept, 1968.
William Minarath, formerly head of the reference department at Van
Nostrand:

"I have been checking some old personal records, but I am
sorry to say that I have nothing about d'Abro since the period of
some twenty years ago. At that time d'Abro was living in Paris and
attending lectures at the Sorbonne. He is , or was, a wealthy man
and a count of the Holy Roman Empire, whatever that is. He could
not get his book published; so he paid us the costs of it himself.
I recall that Floyd K. Ritchmyer of Cornell phoned me to ask about
d'Abro and could not believe that ha had no degree or professional
affiliation."

One of the best read and least known physicists must be
d'Abro.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Sarma.