From: Ludwik Kowalski [SMTP:KowalskiL@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 11:57 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: history of science

Next fall I might be teaching the History of Science course for
non-science majors. Nobody wants to teach this course and
it may be my turn to take the burden. I know it can be great
course but not everybody is a good teacher for it. I am very
hesitant.

1) Can somebody suggest a good available textbook for not
very sophisticated students? Include the ISBN, if possible.

2) Also a textbook which can help me to develop the course.
The content of the course would be very much up to me.

3) I would like to sign for an Internet course on History of
Science, if it were available somewhere.

4) Advice from those who tried to teach a similar course
would also be appreciated. Please write to me about all
this in private <kowalskiL@mail.montclair.edu>, unless
you feel that what you have to say is worth sharing with
the entire list.

Ludwik Kowalski
341 Brook Ave.
Passaic, NJ, 07055