Re: Bernoulli's relationship

At 8:24 PM -0500 11/8/00, John Denker wrote:

Hey, no fair! it wasn't your turn yet!

[Argument I haven't read which leads to contrary result, followed by:]

Remarks: The foregoing answer is the obvious answer, and the only answer
consistent with relativity and symmetry and other basic principles.

It sure ain't obvious to me! I think you forgot about continuity, John.
You've got water accelerating in a trough under the influence of viscosity,
and then slowing down as it goes through a propeller.

The foregoing simple answer does not mention the word "Bernoulli". I am
quite aware that there are more-complicated ways of analyzing the situation
that shed an interesting light on the meaning of Bernoulli's principle, and
on the rules governing correct application the principle. If somebody
wants to ask that question, we can discuss it.

We agree on that one 90%, except I don't want to discuss this in
Bernoulli terms. Leave that to Hewitt.

Leigh