Re: clarification re: photelectricity, history, and PAC Learning

At 19:52 11/8/00 -0500, John Denker wrote:
At 04:55 PM 11/8/00 -0500, I wrote in part:
If these ideas are new or unclear to you, ....

This led some people to wonder whom I was addressing as
"you". Answer: "You" was the wrong word. I did not have a particular
"you" in mind. I should have said something like:

If anyone finds these ideas new or unclear, ....

Sorry for any confusion.

In my view, this scholarly and modest contribution (not the first
in recent weeks) needed no apology.
The conversational second person is, I agree, not the quintessence
of the passive mood a la mode for scientific communication, old style.

Vive la vague nouvelle!

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!