Re: photelectricity, history, and PAC Learning

There has been some discussion of whether it makes sense to analyze the
photoelectric effect from a "19th-century physics" point of view. This has
led to discussion of point such as
-- when was the cathode-ray e/m ratio first measured
-- when were work functions first measured
-- et cetera
This will at best lead far afield, and at worst will lead to quite a messy
morass, as discusses further below.

But first, let us make contact with another thread: