Re: Misconceptions assessments?

Please forgive my just previous miss-posting of R. A. C.'s post.

I have trouble with the last question. The simple minded answer, I suppose, is
D,
and, therefore, suitable for general science teachers at the secondary school
level. However, even the Chem. text. I used last school year. taught electrons
had wave like properties, and their "position" in the atom was probabilistic.
Only in describing the Rutherford model did it write there was empty space
between the particle electrons. Admittedly deuterium is a naturally occurring
nuclide, but I think it's misleading to talk about neutron(s) in hydrogen,
furthermore, there's not much hydrogen in the atmosphere -- except as CO2 and
H2O -- and it would likely be H2.

bc

P.s. Why the "?", as the last answer?

Robert A Cohen wrote:

cut

Consider an atom of hydrogen in the atmosphere. What occupies the
space between the inidividual electrons, protons and neutrons that make up
the hydrogen atom?
A. Pollution or other particulate matter.
B. Other atoms.
C. Air.
D. Nothing.

Answers: F F F F F F C A D D A B D ?