Re: Intro Physics Sequence

I have to take exception to one item John stated, quoted below:

You should also question the source of any advice. Most
instructors have never pre and posttested their students,

Almost all, if not all instructors have at least post-tested their students.
Every test I have ever given has been a post test of the instruction that my
students have received. And it more often than I like reveals deficiencies
in both their conceptual and problem solving capabilities.

Also, while I might question sources of advice, from all areas, including
the PER area, I do credit 30 or 40 years of recognized decent teaching in
some of my colleagues as having significant value.

Joel Rauber
Joel_Rauber@sdstate.edu