Re: Color

>2) The assumption that each of us "see" the same color -- we all receive
>the same wavelengths but likely we do not all perceive the same colors.

Jim, why do you say that #2 is "likely"? Is there reason to believe we
don't perceive the same colors (especially given that eye and brain
chemistry is similar from person to person, and discounting the exception
Herb raised of color-blindness)?

Class, am I wrong here. Don't each of us see the "color" of objects
differently? EG some see the snow as bluish and others as "white". I for
example see purple as reddish and most others as bluish. This is a problem
that artists face in every painting. At least this is what I have been
told by eye guys. But hell's bells what do they know.

BTW red/green color blind people perceive both colors the way most do grey
-- although I don't know how anyone could tell.

At the extreme I don't know that others don't see the sky as the same color
as I do green or yellow -- and they see trees as I do the sky or maybe
marigolds. I wonder if it is possible to measure this. Can someone please
comment on this point.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen