Eudora mood

Someone asked a question about John Denker's posting to this group
which showed up on Eudora 5.0 with an "offensive" tag. It appears
that John's "offense" was including the term "cock-crowing" in his
text. Eudora has a censor within it, apparently, which continuously
evaluates the offensiveness of text. When I first typed "cock" I got
three peppers (the symbol for extreme offense), but it dropped down
to two peppers after a few more words, only going back up to three
when I typed the offensive word a second time. It would be most
interesting to see the Puritan algorithm Eudora uses to determine
relative offense. (It seems that quoted text is always inoffensive.)

In the meantime, watch your language! Eudora is somewhat intolerant.

Leigh