Re: why and how to think about cause-and-effect

At 18:36 27/10/00 -0400, John Denker wrote:
Fist, let me explain why it is important to think clearly about
cause-and-effect relationships....

I've recently "upgraded" to Eudora 5.0, which boasts a "Moodwatch"
function. This function somehow judges the tone of an e-mail and warns if
it is likely to cause offence. John Denker's post got a three chili pepper
rating, which means "message is almost certainly offensive". At least this
made me read it carefully to try to discover why!

Mark

Mark Sylvester
UWCAd
Duino Trieste Italy