Re: Cause and Effect

Larry, you may have missed the First Law points: I have repeatedly said
that the word "heat" can be use anyway that communicants like -- but that
to hold a conversation where "heat" is both "added" and is "inside" makes
no sense in view of the First Law.

At 10:15 27 10 2000 , you wrote:
At 8:27 AM -0500 10/27/00, Glenn A. Carlson wrote:
>Bravo, Mr. Green!!
>
>Glenn A. Carlson, P.E.
>gcarlson@mail.win.org
>
>> Subject: Re: Cause and Effect
>> From: Jim Green <JMGreen@SISNA.COM>
>
>> From my point of view there is absolutely no (zero) benefit from
>> insisting
>> on one's own definition of any word.
>
>> But for heaven's sake stop bickering about the semantics of the
>> words.

Mr. Carlson is obviously new and has missed the many times in the past when
you've insisted on your own definition of "heat." :-)

In fact, isn't the whole thermo discussion (as well as whether energy is
something) that recurs every 2 years just bickering about the semantics of
the words?

For these reasons your post about cause and effect struck me as ironic.

Larry

P.S. Glad you're back in the saddle.

P.P.S. At least BYU beat Wyoming.

Jim Green