Re: squash ball question

Squash balls come with white dot or yellow dot to signify their
relative liveliness. They are intentionally very dead. It makes the
game one of skill rather than of brawn. I separated my shoulder when
I was about 35 years of age playing against an 82 year old opponent,
He kept me running around the court with such skill that I lost track
of where I was and collided with the wall.

Incidentally, on a historical note: It is my understanding that at
the U of Chicago, the squash courts under the football field were the
site of the first pile reactor. Anyway, squash is of historical
significance to physicists (even if my facts are messed up). Karl
--
Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk (512) 471-4152
Lecture Demonstration Office Office (512) 471-5411