Re: What Does TIMSS Teach Us? (Short)

Rick wrote in part:

In simple
words, we are
getting more and more DEPENDENT learners. I fear that many
of the 'new'
pedagogical techniques being pushed just buy into that. We
are structuring
their study and learning so much, that I'm worried that they
won't have
really 'learned how to learn' and will remain dependent--to their
detriment.

This states well my concerns and worries; both with the state of current
education and what and unintended effect of 'new' pedagogical techniques.

Joel Rauber
Joel_Rauber@sdstate.edu