Re: British Columbia Forestry Information

Tom Ford wrote:

At 01:40 AM 10/18/00 -0700, you wrote:
Hello All:

check out http://www.bcforestry.com

Why should I have to swallow the whole cow just to find out I don't like
"the beef?"

A simple starting page would have let me know I had no interest, that it
had nothing to do with physics, and might have spared me another crash.

There's no point arguing with somebody who most likely doesn't read this
group. The message has likely gone out to lots of listserv groups. If
you want to do anything in cases like this, complain to their ISP.
Since this person used bc.home.com to originate the message I forwarded
the headers to internet.abuse@shaw.ca which is the appropriate address
for his IP number (usually I don't bother, but sometimes I do). If
anyone cares to fight against spam this is part of the battle, keeping
the pressure in ISPs and providing them with information to enforce
their Accetable Use Policies. The AUP for home.com can be found at
<http://www.home.com/support/aup/> and includes the following.

"The Services may not be used to send unsolicited bulk or commercial
messages. This includes, but is not limited to, bulk mailing of
commercial advertising, informational announcements, charity requests,
petitions for signatures and political or religious messages. Such
messages may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it. The
Services may not be used to send messages to any individual who has
indicated that he/she does not wish to receive messages from you."

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/about_dc.html