Re: CAUSATION IN PHYSICS

My 2 cents:

1) Events happen mindlessly.

2) We model these phenomena by inventing ideas like causality, so as to
fit our observations into our mode of thinking, thus "explaining" them.
(We probably constructed the idea of causality from our impression that we
can cause events.)

3) It is a moot and fruitless question to ask whether "causality is real".
Like all of our physics, it is part of our modeling of reality into human
representations.

4) To paraphrase Einstein, it is indeed a wondrous mystery that nature is
thus modelable to fit our need for "explanation".

Bob

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net