Re: Fish tank in orbit?

A year or two ago my son had an experiment on Mir studying the effect of
weightlessness on one of his "biospheres" (sealed glass container of air,
water, plants and some small animals [shrimp? .. I've forgotten].) The
air indeed formed a large interior bubble, which precessed with the
orbital period in a most fascinating manner. Crawford

Well, you've got my attention. Could you describe the fascinating manner?

I've just located a paper I read almost thirty years ago which relates
to this topic: "Apples in a Spacecraft" by Hannes Alfvén, Science, v. 173,
pp 522-525 (1971). No liquids here, but neat stuff anyway, easily
understood by the undergrad physics student.

Leigh