To Receive HTML from PHYS-L

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ludwik Kowalski" <KowalskiL@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU>

I hope that Rick, or somebody else (who understands
the results of little tests being conducted) will at the
end produce a little summary of what each of us has
to to know in order to send and to receive messages
controlled by tags.

This will speak generally about what you _have_ to do to receive HTML and
then very briefly how to send using Outlook Express (and I assume Outlook
would be the same).

First: You have to set your preferences for PHYS-L to receive the full
header. Go to

http://mailgate.nau.edu/archives/phys-l.html

Choose any archive and open it. Then select the second button from the
right on the bar at the top of the screen. If you don't have a listserve
password, you'll need to create one. When you do this, you will have to
wait for an e-mail reply, then go to the indicated web site to activate the
password. Now go back through the first set of instructions and use your
password to login. You will be shown your setting for Phys-L. Choose the
'Normal LISTSERV-style header'. This will send the full header information
that at least some readers need to display the HTML.

For Outlook (Express) users, to send HTML, simply choose that option under
FORMAT while composing your message.

IMPORTANT NOTE: At this point in time, we are still working with the
general ASCII only protocol in this list. We shouldn't start using HTML
outside these few tests.

BTW: Andy complained that my test came through in a 2-point font. It was
written in 10-point and came back to me and displayed properly. I can't
figure out how to look at the actual tags in my original Outlook Express
composed message. Anyone who knows how--e-mail me off the list.

Haven't got a DIGEST yet to see what happens with the header properly set.
Will report on that later.

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Associate Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
rtarara@saintmarys.edu

FREE PHYSICS INSTRUCTIONAL SOFTWARE
www.saintmarys.edu/~rtarara/
PC and MAC software
NEW: E&M package for the Animated Chalkboard
NEW: Multi-tasking updates for MAC software.
CD-ROMs now available