reading program.
I am using the "free" current version of Eudora as my local mail handler.
I hope this helps.

Different programs handle HTML mail differently. The server at nau.edu
breaks off the part of the header that says
and puts it with the body of the message. This *should* prevent a mail
reader from treating the message as HTML as a reader could conceivably
deliberately type this into the message body as I just did without
intending the message to be treated as HTML.

Perhaps Eudora has a clever way around all this, perhaps they simply
treat tags as HTML regardless of the header so that for example <b>this
would appear bold</b>.

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/about_dc.html