Re: Test of tags

IT IS NOT CLEAR TO ME WHERE TO CLICK TO INSERT
TAGS, FOR EXAMPLE THE <SUB> OD </SUB>. I DID
WHAT DOUG SUGGESTED. SENDING IN HTML ONLY
WAS CHOSEN (INSTEAD OF ASK ME WHAT TO DO,
WHICH WAS THE DEFAULT). USE HTML WHEN
COMPOSING WAS ALREADY CHOSEN BY DEFAULT.
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NEED A GOOD TUTORIAL
ON HOW E-MAIL MESSAGES WITH HTML TAGS IN
NETSCAPE MESSENGER? WHAT FOLLOWS WAS
SIMPLY CUT AND PASTED FROM MY LAST MESSAGE.
I WANT TO COMPARE THE TWO, WHEN THEY COME
TO ME.

Doug Craigen wrote:

Go to Edit - Preferences - Mail & Newsgroup - Formatting, then set it
to use the HTML editor rather than the plain text editor. You don't do
the mark up by writing HTML tags, you do it using the HTML toolbar
that then appears.

Does this mean that by not using toolbar icons my message would
not contain any annoying tags (when sent to "primitive computers")?

Why do they prevent me from typing my own HTML tags. I like
this because automatic tagging often creates tags with which I am
not familiar. I know about ten tags and this is sufficient for
simple html documents I create with a text editor.

Does the "Formatting setup" affect only the outgoing messages?

My next message will be the same thing after the HTML option
is chosen, as suggested by Doug. I will just cut and paste this.
Ludwik Kowalski