Re: systematic error and statistical error

Hi all-
In answer to William J. Larson's question-
A good way to tell is to look at some of the preprints listed
at http://xxx.lanl.gov/archive/hep-ex. You will see not only current
practice but also examples of what is considered "systematic error".
Many of these papers come from large international collaborations that
have legislated their own editorial policies.
But, in answer to the question, statistical error is usually
quoted first (and identified as such).
Regards,
Jack
Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>