Re: PHYS_L COURTESY

Mmmmm...

OK, very happy to stop using Acronyms, w/o <with out> defining -- my excuse was I'm a copy cat. At least once I've (privately) asked what one meant and then promptly started using it.

Plain Text, ASCII ( <am. std. code info. interchange> there we go again and I don't know what it means WRT <w/ respect to> a result. Does it mean 7 bit symbols? Is it plain text, etc.

All I can write is that I'm tired of receiving msgs. nothing but:

Plain Text .....

and I have to click on it to read, furthermore, any contained URL's "don't work", AND I can't reply including the text unless I copy it, ......

So here's a deal with all you (you all?) I'll be very careful about how (in what form) I send my msgs, no attachments -- especially massive graphics, no undefined alphabet soup, etc. If some one
will instruct me on how to set my preference(s) so I send ASCII, AND don't get any more of those nasty hidden (Plain Text) msgs. I suspect my mail program can convert them to "in line?"

My mail program is "messenger" as part of Netscape 4.73 on an "Educator Advantage" (all in one) G3 (Thanks to the Gate Keeper, K. teacher)

Panzers,

bc

P.s. (OK, anybody who doesn't know this one just arrived from Mars) Another v. sl. (very slight) peeve is msgs that arrive with the new material, comment, whatever following a very long quote (is a
reply). I think most (including myself, obviously) have usually just read the original and want to read the reply w/o wading thru the original. However, being able to refer to the original, if
necessary, is useful, so do include it. Just do it following your own contribution.

There, was that nasty enuff?

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Derek Chirnside asked about my mailer. It is
Netscape Messenger. Thanks for clarifications.
I hope that from now on everybody will be
sending us ASCII text only, unless we agree
otherwise. Yes, it is the lowest common
denominator. Yes, it would be desirable to
include pictures and decent equations.

And one more annoying thing. Some people love
acronyms. Not everybody recognizes them at once,
especially when an acronym pops up in the middle

---- cut