PHYS_L COURTESY

Derek Chirnside asked about my mailer. It is
Netscape Messenger. Thanks for clarifications.
I hope that from now on everybody will be
sending us ASCII text only, unless we agree
otherwise. Yes, it is the lowest common
denominator. Yes, it would be desirable to
include pictures and decent equations.

And one more annoying thing. Some people love
acronyms. Not everybody recognizes them at once,
especially when an acronym pops up in the middle
of something we were not dealing with. It is
embarrassing to ask "what is it for?"; most often
one is sorry for asking. If you really like to use
an acronym (to avoid long repetitions) please
define it (when it first appears).

As a courtesy do this in every message; do not
assume that everybody has time to read carefully
all messages. One can easily miss the description
of an acronym which appeared in another message.
Ludwik Kowalski