Re: The drag force -- a correction squared

At 11:35 10/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
Dear Justin-
In the absence of a verbatim statement of the problem (which you
should have included), I can only give you a general statement as an
answer. At terminal velocity, the drag force of a falling object is
proportinal to the mass; the up and down forces are in balance, the up
force is the drag force and the down force is mg.
I would not want to critique a paraphrase of someone else's
statement.

Regards,
Jack

Jack will undoubtedly want to reconsider the general statement
that the air drag on an object is proportional to its mass at
terminal velocity.

It is not.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!