Re: Concerned about grades (longish)

Michael,

I do respect your posts, but this one I must contest. It sounds like you do
not realize that life is not fair and that someone else, not you or your son,
is responsible for funding his education. If he was not able to obtain a
scholarship, and you cannot afford to pay his higher education costs, then I
suggest your son do what I did and join the military before pursuing college,
or go to a lower cost college. Of course there is also the option of a
federally mandated law that all teachers, tests, and grading must be the same
for all high schools and colleges. Wouldn't that be something to consider?
No more creativity of any kind.

Bob Carlson

<< The reason this strikes a raw nerve for me is it "cheated" my son. He
graduated from HS last year. He was a good student but did not always
strive for the A.>>

<< I am not proud of him for skipping some assignments he thought were
worthless. Nonetheless, I am bothered that students with less aptitude were
able to get 4.00 GPA by completing busy-work assignments, and in doing so
knocked my son out of competition for scholarships.>>