Re: rotating space station

I've read articles in the last year how kids no longer have play ground equip. because of insurance restrictions.

And .... UCSC Phys. has an MGR (full size) with a massive wooden cover (several students to place it on the MGR) with a formica top. Several labs use it. E.g. pendula, rolling balls, etc. When
"we" moved to another building, I had to convince the move people that yes it must be installed and with an elec. outlet nearby for night use.

bc

Daniel Schroeder wrote:

Annually I would take my physics class to the playground for a full period
of playing ball on the MGR.

If only I could do the same! As far as I can determine, there are NO
MGR's at local playgrounds in this area. Must be considered unsafe
and therefore a liability to the city or something.

Dan