Re: key concepts in physics ???

These are always tough to decide. What do we need to know?
Does one need to know how an automatic transmission works in
order to drive a car with one? Do I need to know how a jet engine
works to fly from Ohio to Florida? I know we are being sometimes
criticized for a curriculum that is a mile wide but an inch deep - but
I like wading. I think the more I expose my student to, the more
likely they can find something that they can latch onto and become
excited about - then they will go deep sea diving into that topic.
Tim

Are we to assume that somebody else is going to define
"key concepts of technological literacy"? Or should these
be part of physics, as in the past? Where else do people
learn about light bulbs, lenses, binoculars, transformers,
motors, refrigerators, airplanes, submarines, etc.?
Ludwik Kowalski