Wen Ho Lee is beaming

People!

Hope you find this of interest.

bc

This message forwarded from the UPTE-LANL president Betty Gunther.
Jelger

Betty Gunther wrote:

Email from the Marshalls about Wen Ho at home. Thought you would appreciate
this. Betty

Hello all:

It is so good to have Wen Ho home! Those of us in the court room
Wednesday shared an incredible moment of history, and Judge Parker's
courage and compassion have rocked the nation. The lawyers "turned the
battleship" and made a family wonderfully happy. Thanks to everyone who
worked to make this day come.

Wen Ho was out in his yard today! One of the sweetest signs Wed was
"Welcome home to your town, your garden, and Mozart."

Everyone who has visited with Wen Ho is amazed at how happy and energetic
and "normal" he seems. He is just beaming. He looked up at the (almost)
full moon Wed night, and said that he hadn't seen the moon in 9
months. He made Carl Newton soybean milk this morning (from scratch!) and
then told Carl how he plans to get back into shape: he walks about 5
miles upstream as he fishes. When Carl asked why he keeps moving, Wen Ho
answered, "If a fish gets my bait without getting caught, then I think
that is a very good fish, and I move upstream so I won't catch him."

This afternoon Wen Ho asked me very smugly how much I've accomplished at
work in the last 9 months. And then he said, "I wrote a math book. You
should go to jail -- you'd get a lot more done." Then he ran to get me a
pre-print of his journal article that he just received in the mail today
(being published this month), and he autographed it for me.

Wen Ho drove Cecilia to the airport in Albuquerque yesterday. When he
got the car backed out of the garage, he rolled the car window down and
said, "See, I remember how to drive a car -- at least I remember how to
back up." It must have felt good for him to get behind the wheel and
take off in the car!

The Committee of 100 sent a stunning bouquet of 100 red
carnations. Alberta says, however, it isn't a bouquet -- it's a tree! So
many beautiful gestures toward Wen Ho!

Alberta is staying in Los Alamos this week to rest and be with her father.

Thank you everyone for making these happy stories possible!

- Jean

Don and Jean Marshall
(505) 672-9447
(505) 672-9281 fax