Re: dielectric dissipation

At 20:53 9/18/00 -0400, you wrote:

I need a simple (!) definition of "dielectric dissipation" of a solution.
I also need to know what parameters could modify that particular property
of a solution. I searched the web but with no success.
Can anyone help me with a useful link.

There are many web references available if 'dielectric loss' is the
key phrase. Dielectric loss, along with dielectric constant and
dielectric strength are three prime parameters used to characterize
a dielectric material. 'Dielectric hysteresis' also finds many hits.

Dielectric loss could be simply defined as the time rate of
conversion of electrical energy used in heating a dielectric material
with alternating current. It usually increases with temperature and
frequency and is usually ascribed to molecular collisions.

Loss can be increased by adding polar or ionic solutes.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!