Re: M's laws!

I would find it difficult to explain M0, "Mallinckrodt's
Law of motion", as formulated by John M. (see below).

We know that acceleration is a measurable quantity.
But "a field" is not a single quantity; it is an entity
characterized by several quantities, depending on
the kind of field. And the "equivalent" is not clear.
Perhaps the wording can be improved.
Ludwik Kowalski

John Mallinckrodt wrote:

At the (considerable) risk of appearing immodest (not to mention
of being torn to shreds), I herewith present:

"Mallinckrodt's Laws of motion"

M0 = "Within *any* chosen reference frame, the gravitational field
at each position is equivalent to the instantaneous
acceleration of a freely falling particle at the same position."

M1 = "The gravitational force on a particle is equal to the product
of the particle's mass and the gravitational field at the
position of the particle."

M2 = N2

M3 = N3

Deep breath ...