Re: Newton's first law

Let me summarize my position in a slightly different way:

I contend that in order to use Newton's laws to "explain" the mechanical
phenomena observed in your laboratory, you must fill in the LHS of F=ma
with

1) Terms representing the real forces of interaction among objects, and
2) Terms representing the effects of your laboratory's motion on the
observed phenomena (fictitious forces). If your laboratory is an inertial
frame, these terms will be zero.

1) or 2) can not be done in isolation from each other; they are different
aspects of the single answer to a single question.

Bob

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net