Re: Computers in the Physics Lab

Thank you for all your advice. I was hoping that someone could point me to
two or three long articles or books that served to define the currently
accepted view on how the computer should be applied to the lab. Now I am
getting the feeling that the "science" isn't that far along yet. This is
dissapointing for me, because I get the feeling that most of us are of a
similar mind on this subject.

I am concluding (the obvious) that individual teachers should make the
decisions for their classes based on how the computer can acomplish a valid
need better than any other methods available.

I apologize for not making my identity clear. My name makes up the first
part of my e-mail address, I am a first time poster, however, and didn't
realize not everyone can see that datum.

I'm Mike Sloothaak (mike.sloothaak@excite.com), and I have just been hired
as a lab tech (and hence am on probation) at a small branch campus of a
major university. If you really NEED to know what campus and what school,
e-mail me in a few months.

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html