Re: serializing the facts

Subject: Re: serializing the facts
From: John Denker <jsd@MONMOUTH.COM>

And there is no requirement to build the building in a way that respects
your personal partial order; I can lay down the fourth course of bricks in
the west wing before I finish the first course in the east wing.

As I said, "there is a great flexibility in specific topics to cover
within each level." But to continue the bricklaying metaphor, one
can't put in the fourth course in the west wing without putting in the
first, second, and third courses in the west wing. And, while one can
simultaneously work on different parts of the walls, one does not
build the roof before the walls, and one does not put in the
foundation after the roof.

Glenn A. Carlson, P.E.
St. Charles County Community College
St. Peters, MO